About this project
Show list of needs
Contribution to recipient initiatives
All this adds up to € 58,820, of which the Federation of Cooperatives of Work of Catalonia has contributed 30,000. This first phase of the campaign seeks to raise the remaining money to be able to contribute to the initiatives already. BTactic: € 1,500; TopManta: € 3,500; Mensakas: € 2,000; Solidarity: € 2,070; Collectivities: € 2,400; Women Palante: € 2,000; Trade union: € 2,000; Granollers pedal: € 2,000; Keras buti: € 2,000; Arrangements and Kaur clothing: € 2,000; John Fil masks: € 4,000; Supercoopera - El Rodal: € 1,500; Makers Tarragona: € 3,000; La Kuadrilla: € 1,500; Prodis Households: € 2,000; FreesCOOP- Islamic Community: € 2,000; Terrace without walls: € 3,000; Red Cotton: € 1,500; Mia's Design: € 1,500; The Outbreak: € 2,000; Edge: € 3,850; Migrant Women Miscellaneous: € 2,000; Abarka: € 3,500; Services With Heart SCCL + Food Bank Lleida: € 1,500; Espigoladores: € 1,500; Diomcoop: € 3,000
Banks charge a 0.8% commission on each transaction, which for a total of € 30,000 is a sum that we need to include in the budget.
Base for the second phase of the campaign
More information about the second phase will be provided shortly. Also on the web economiaperlavida.cat
In the next second phase, the fundraising will be used to consolidate new ESS initiatives that require it. The more detailed costs of this second phase will be updated soon, as well as the possibility of incorporating new fund recipient initiatives to support their activity in the face of social and health emergencies. The second phase of collection will last until October, the total collection would be € 300,000, we must remember the 30,000 outputs contributed by the Federation of Work Cooperatives
|Total||€ 30.000||€ 100.000|
In the face of the health, social and economic crisis produced by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Catalan Social and Solidarity Economy has not stopped. Sharing anguish and hope with society as a whole, hundreds of cooperative, associative and community initiatives are making an effort to tackle the social and health emergency by practising mutual support and solidarity. Initiatives all over the country have reoriented their daily activities to respond to the social and health emergency: sewing masks and gowns, manufacturing 3D visors, producing and distributing agro-ecological products, caring for people or developing free technologies for television. From the Catalan Social and Solidarity Economy we are clear that the response to the crisis is solidarity. And for the future, to generate economic alternatives that put life at the centre, based on Economic Democracy, Environmental Justice and Collective Health. An economy for life.
In order to support these efforts and also taking into account the difficulties faced by collective projects today, various Catalan SSE organisations are promoting the cooperative fund for social and health emergencies, with the aim of opening a first call for proposals that will provide financial support to 26 solidarity initiatives that provide direct solutions to the emergency and require resources for their sustainability.
Main features and goals of the crowdfunding campaign
From here we want to build a contingency fund, to, at first, accompany and support those projects within the social economy that are reorienting their activity to respond to the health crisis. The fund is initially aimed at projects that are working in the following areas:
Food: agroecology and food emergencies
Textile: social - sanitary material
Care: Emergency Care
Construction: urgent domestic repairs
Technology: digital printing, development, programming
In this first phase, the recipient organisations are:
- BTactic: cooperative dedicated to computer services in Lleida, the funds are used to support and provide free technical means for teleworking tasks. Funding of 1,500 euros
- TopManta: The Barcelona Street Vendors' Union has reoriented its sewing workshop to manufacture masks and gowns for sanitary equipment. The resources pay for material and go to the Union's resistance fund. Funding of 3,500 euros
- Mensakas: the riders' cooperative is transporting food to the homes of vulnerable families as well as EPIS for various entities. With the resources, a new transport is acquired and routes are extended. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Solidança: a company in the Barcelona area dedicated to the circular economy, which has redirected part of its activity to the production of sanitary material. The resources cover material and personnel costs. Funding of 2,070 euros
- Col·lectivat: working cooperative formed by people of migrant origin, with the resources they will finance software to automatically translate health protocols and mutual support channels in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese and Bengali. Funding of 2,400 euros
- Mujeres Palante: cooperative catering for women of migrant origin, with the resources will be distributed food product of Prat de Llobregat to 30 families. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Sindillar: Union of Women Domestic Workers, resources will go to the resistance reserve for women who have lost their jobs. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Granollers pedala: sustainable mobility partnership, the resources finance the transport of basic necessities, from local shops in the neighbourhood of Granollers. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Keras buti: consumer cooperative in Hospitalet de Llobregat, distributes food from producers in the Llobregat Agricultural Park to families with few resources. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Arrangements and confections Kaur: family sewing company, resources are allocated to materials and distribution of masks in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat from mutual support networks. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Mascaretes John Fil: industrial textile cooperative of the Espluga Calva, the resources support the reorientation of the production of sanitary material. Funding of 4,000 euros
- Supercoopera – El Rodal: a joint project between the Sabadell agro-ecological consumer cooperative and the local PAH for home supply of produce Funding of 1,500 euros
- Makers Tarragona: they make personal protection equipment from 3G printing. The resources will be used to buy supplies for printing. Funding of 3,000 euros
- Llars de Prodis: a group of plumbers from Sabadell, linked to PAH and in the process of co-operativization, who are doing emergency repairs for people without resources. Funding of 1,500 euros
- FreesCOOP- Comunitat Islàmica: the Frescoop cooperative is dedicated to the distribution of organic products. With the Islamic Community, they will use the resources to provide products to families with economic needs. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Terrassa sense Murs: collective that works with young people without papers, the resources will be used to acquire protections and food for the community. Funding of 3,000 euros
- Cotó Roig association that works making masks in the Manresa neighbourhood, the resources are used for materials. Funding of 1,500 euros
- Mia’s Disseny: project of the Garrotxa of sewing and distribution of masks and gowns in network with the community and other companies and craftsmen of seam. Funding of 1,500 euros
- El Brot: agro-ecological cooperative of consumers in Reus, the resources will be used to transport orders to users in the city who need it. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Aresta: the agro-ecological cooperative of Santa Coloma Santa Coloma de Queralt is setting up a distribution network with producers to directly supply different municipalities in the Camp de Tarragona. Funding of 3,850 euros
- Diverse Migrant Women: Association created by domestic and care workers; community feminist, will allocate resources to cover needs for health protection material and food. Funding of 2,000 euros
- Abarka: a social enterprise made up mainly of people of migrant origin, dedicated to the catering of African products. The resources will be used to provide meals to volunteers dedicated to the production of sanitary material. Funding of 3,500 euros
- Serveis Amb Cor SCCL + Banc Aliments Lleida: Lleida's cooperative for bicycle transport, collecting food from the bank and taking it home free of charge for families in need. Contribution of 1,500 euros
- Espigoladors: entity that practices the use of agricultural surpluses for food, the resources are destined to the distribution of food to mutual support networks. Contribution of 1,500 euros
- Diomcoop: cooperative formed by people of Senegalese origin, have reoriented their textile activity making masks and gowns for different sanitary spaces in the city of Barcelona and also distributing food and doing logistic tasks for the sanitary emergency. The resources support the sustainability of these services. Contribution of 3,000 euros.
All this amounts to 58,820 euros, of which the Federation of Worker Cooperatives of Catalonia has contributed 30,000. This first phase of the campaign aims to collect the remaining money in order to be able to contribute it to the initiatives now. The entity that is taking on the task of distributing the money is the Coop57 Foundation.
The selection criteria were as follows:
- They are democratic and supportive initiatives that are responding to the health, social and economic emergency caused by the Covidien-19 crisis.
- They have an impact on five key sectors to face the health emergency and the confinement to home: textile, technology and 3D production, agro-ecological production and distribution, care, housing.
- They involve the community, seek a positive social and environmental impact, are rooted in the territory and work in networks.
- They are located in different parts of the Catalan geography.
- They are giving a direct response to the crisis.
Why this is important
With the aim of supporting these efforts and also taking into account the difficulties that collective projects are experiencing today, various organisations of the Catalan SSE have promoted the COOPERATIVE FUND FOR SOCIAL AND HEALTH EMERGENCY, in order to open an initial call for proposals that will provide economic support to 26 SOLIDARITY INITIATIVES that provide direct solutions to the emergency and require resources for their sustainability.
This is why this cooperative fund is being created, which in a first phase wants to collect 60,000 euros: 30,000 through this crowdfunding added to the 30,000 that the Federation of Work Cooperatives is putting into a fund.
This first phase will be open from 14 April to 1 May. In a second phase, an attempt will be made to multiply the funds raised and to allocate the money to extending support and consolidating new Social and Solidarity Economy initiatives that require it.
We are facing an unprecedented crisis that will also test us as a society. The social economy has proved to be an essential pillar for having robust economic ecosystems that are capable of providing an alternative to a capitalist system that is literally leading us to our deaths. It is not only a question of generating a contingency fund for social economy projects, but above all of showing, from a practical point of view, that the SSE is the best response to the crisis, of showing that, in fact, as we emerge from this crisis, it will mark us as a society and that we can do so from the values of cooperation, solidarity, etc., that we can do so from an economy for life.
The organisations promoting the campaign have a long history in the world of social and solidarity economy and ethical finance:
2 Fundació Goteo
3 Federació de Cooperatives de Treball de Catalunya
4 Coop 57 cooperativa
5 Fundació Roca Galès
6 Xarxa d’Economia Solidària
7 Fiare Banca Ètica
8 Xarxa d’Ateneus Cooperatius (XAC)
9 Opcions de Consum Responsable
10 FETS10 FETS
11 Grup Ecos
12 Teler Cooperatiu de Sabadell
13 XES Garrotxa
14 Coòpolis, Ateneu Cooperatiu de Barcelona
16 La Pera
17 Ateneu Cooperatiu de les Terres Gironines